Numerous comfort features on Spotify help you discover new music that suits your tastes. You can actively influence the basis for optimal tailored recommendations. In this tutorial, we’ll give you valuable tips and tricks to discover new music and better music recommendations on Spotify.
Numerous Spotify features are aimed at discovering new music. Among other things, provides the streaming service on the desktop and smartphone with the so-called “your mix of the week”. Here are weekly updated suggestions with more or less to your listening habits matching songs together. Furthermore, the so-called “mixtapes” help you to find new songs or artists. They also provide automated playlists that constantly fill with new songs and deliver tracks to various genre centers.
We explain in the following lines or on the following pages how you can specifically contribute to improved recommendations in these automated playlists as well as what other possibilities exist for discovering new music. In further tutorials on Spotify we explain how you can use the music streaming service with and without a family subscription in parallel with multiple devices . In another guide, we also show you the most important Spotify settings on Android and iOS.
Create “Similar Playlist” (for desktop apps only)
SpotOn the desktop PC, Spotify offers the ability to create similar playlists based on already created playlists. For those who don’t want to purchase this app, can get free Spotify premium app from Michael’s blog. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Spotify app on PC or Mac and locate the “Playlists” section. Click with the right mouse button on the desired playlist, from which a similar one is to be created.
- In the window that opens, you now only click on “Create a similar playlist”. The new playlist then appears at the top of the collection and gets the same name plus.
Start radio stations – like songs and disliked
Mood for an artist, song or playlist, you have the opportunity to generate more matching song collections by starting your radio station. You can then rate corresponding songs with a thumbs up or down to further refine your taste in music.
- On the PC, you can find the function for starting a radio station by right-clicking on the corresponding song, artist or playlist and clicking on “Go to Artist / Playlist / Song.
- This access is possible on the smartphone via the corresponding option symbol and a hint on “To the radio”.
- Click ortapon “Play”. Then you can give your thumbs-up or thumbs-down rating in the area of the playback buttons.
- By the way, this also works on the smartphone via the lock screen.
Add playlists to recommended songs
If you have created a new playlist and added the first songs, it pays to visit the corresponding detail view.
- In Desktop Versions and on the Web, Spotify will automatically provide you with song recommendations below the playlist that you can play there and add to the playlist with just one click.
Use Release Radar
- In addition to the well-known “Your Mix of the Week” playlist, Spotify will put together new songs based on your most-listened artists every Friday in a playlist called Release Radar, which has been released over the past week. More songs you might like run on here.
- You can find the Radar release in the apps for iOS and Android as well as in the web player and the desktop variants via the path: “Browse”> “Discover”> “New Releases for You”.
Improve and complete playlists together
If you have created your own playlists, you can classify them as “common” both on the smartphone and on the PC. All users following your playlist can add their own songs to the collection.
- Calls up the context menu of a playlist again with a right-click on the PC or the option symbol on the smartphone.
- Click or tap on “Shared Playlist” or tap on “Share as Share“.